Jesse Jauregui is Of Counsel to OMLO and brings a wealth of experience to the firm. As a former City Attorney for the cities of Huntington Park and Maywood and Assistant City Attorney to several municipalities, Mr. Jauregui has provided advice and counsel on a variety of matters including the Brown Act, the Public Records Act, the California Labor Code and related statutory and regulatory provisions. Jesse also has experience representing Water Districts including the Central Basin Municipal Water District and the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California. While in law school, Jesse served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Mariana Pfaelzer of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
In addition to his public entity experience, Jesse brings extensive litigation experience from the private sector having worked as a partner with the international law firm of Alston & Bird. In that capacity he handled a variety of complex matters including class actions in state and federal court with significant experience as lead counsel in law and motion matters, writs, mediations, arbitrations, trials and appeals.
Jesse has been happily married for 31 years and is the father of 3 sons. A native of Los Angeles, Jesse is a lifelong Dodgers fan and in his spare time enjoys reading politics, philosophy and current events.
Selected Representative Matters
- Gonzalez v Superior Court 39 Cal. Rptr. 2d 896 – lead trial and appellate counsel in an alleged whistleblower action, resulting in a published decision addressing the scope of discovery rights of employers in California whistleblower actions.
- Laster v T- Mobile, ATT Mobility 584 F.3d 849 – co-counsel (at trial court level only representing AT&T) seeking to enforce arbitration agreements pursuant to the FAA. The matter was consolidated with Concepcion v Cingular Wireless and eventually made its way the U.S. Supreme Court as the landmark decision AT&T Mobility v Concepcion 563 U.S. 333.
- Prado v. Walmart (U.S. District Court – Central District 2: 2017 cv 05630 AB -KK) – Co-trial counsel in a statewide wage & hour action in federal court where we defeated class certification on claims of alleged reimbursement due for cell phone expense/use.
- Baker v Insight Global U.S. District Court Northern District 16-cv-07186-BLF – Co-trial counsel in matter involving the enforceability of post termination non solicitation provisions under California law
- Beaulieu Group v Mike Bates U.S. District Court Central District 5:15-cv-01090 JGB-KK – Co-trial counsel in a U.S. district court action involving claims of trade secret misappropriation and employee solicitation against our client, prevailing at the trial court level in a motion for summary judgment.
- Lead investigator in a sexual harassment investigation for a major international entertainment conglomerate involving a nationally known film and television actor.