David F. Gondek
David F. Gondek is Of Counsel with Olivarez Madruga. Before joining Olivarez Madruga, he was Senior Deputy City Attorney for the City of El Monte. Mr. Gondek has broad experience in providing legal counsel relating to municipal law. His field of legal practice includes representation of both public entities and private business organizations in transactions with public agencies. Over the past thirty one years, his legal practice has been focused upon public finance and community economic development, military base conversion to civilian reuse, land use, police power regulation, public works project finance and contract administration, and code enforcement and general municipal law. Prior to first becoming a public employee in 1987, Mr. Gondek was in private practice, and for six years focused on municipal bond law and redevelopment law. Between 1987 and 1997, Mr. Gondek was the City Attorney and Redevelopment Agency General Counsel for the City of El Monte. Between 1997 and 2007, Mr. Gondek returned to private law practice and was a partner with the law firm of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP for seven years before rejoining the City of El Monte in 2007 as Senior Deputy City Attorney. While in private practice, Mr. Gondek’s law practice included military base reuse and public airport law, as well as redevelopment law and public finance and public agency grant funding administration.
- Real Estate. Property investigation and due diligence, development entitlement, purchase and sale of real estate, leasing, and all aspects of construction loan and permanent mortgage loan finance structuring and documentation.
- Community Redevelopment. Redevelopment dissolution administration and municipal asset preservation, public finance and securities disclosure.
- Community Development. Affordable housing development and affordable housing finance; foreclosure blight mitigation and code enforcement.
- Land Use. All aspects of development project entitlement, CEQA and NEPA review and compliance, general plan and zoning administration, land use development regulation, subdivision and land use development conditions and enforcement, subdivision improvement agreement and development agreement drafting, negotiation and implementation.
- Public Works. Public works project grant funding and financing, public works project bid specification review, bid protest evaluation, labor compliance, public works contract compliance, state and federal public works project grant funding agreement preparation and compliance, false claim investigation, audit and enforcement.
- General Municipal Law. Political Reform Act, Brown Act compliance and general municipal law representation.
- Loyola University Law School, J.D., 1980
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., History, magna cum laude, 1974
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- State Bar of California (1981)