Olivarez Madruga Lemieux O’Neill, LLP is seeking an experienced Paralegal to add to its team. The Paralegal for this position must demonstrate proficient legal research and writing skills, have an ability to think critically, and read and understand complex legal documents. Must have good proofreading skills, reviewing for accuracy and content. Must have strong organizational and time-management skills, as well as the ability to handle multiple assignments and properly establish priorities. The Paralegal should also possess the ability to work with all levels of staff, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and have a general knowledge of computers, the Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as legal research programs, particularly Westlaw. The right candidate will be able to conduct research on any area of law assigned. Focus is likely to be on insurance defense, labor and employment, and municipal law.
Duties may include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of comprehensive legal memorandum.
- Drafting petitions and pleadings.
- Reviewing and summarizing medical records.
- Updating library books and materials.
- Helping to maintain an inventory of materials for each office.
- Providing assistance and training to the Law Clerks.
- Maintaining a log of assignments received.
- General management of the assigned work
Good benefits package, nice, professional work environment, salary commensurate with experience and skills.
Please put “Paralegal” in subject line.